Ever wondered what it takes to be an entrepreneur?
Do you have a brilliant idea and would like to develop a prototype, while getting it critically
analysed by experienced mentors and judges?
Are you one of those nerdy coders and designers who can give visionary ideas the required
Would you like to get involved in a 54 hour mission to build a start-up?
The Entrepreneurship Development Cell (eDC) of IIT Delhi brings forward Startup Weekend, a 54
hour frenzy of business model creation, coding, designing, and market validation. The weekends
culminate with presentations in front of local entrepreneurial leaders with another opportunity for
Be prepared to drown yourself in the perfect aura of awesomeness and creativity. Meet the best
minds of city working and create the next revolution. How does it work? We aim to bring together
enthusiasts like you to share ideas, form teams, build products, and, most importantly, launch
• Friday: Attendees pitch their ideas and inspire others to join their teams. Teams are
therefore created to work on the best ideas.
• Saturday and Sunday: This is where you debate, build, pitch. And build some more. Teams
will focus on building a prototype of their idea/product. During this period teams will
also focus on customer development, validating their ideas, practicing LEAN Startup
methodologies and building a minimum viable product.
• Sunday: In the evening teams demo their prototypes and receive valuable feedback from a
panel of experts.
Who can Participate? Think of a typical Startup Weekend session as a hackathon with a strong
emphasis on business and design. Your prior educational qualifications or stream doesn’t matter at
all. We are only looking for a passion to innovate. Typical crowd of Startup Weekend consists of
• Hackers and Nerds who can code with speed and skill.
• Domain experts and Business guys who know the market need on the tips of their fingers.
• Designers with a strong aesthetics and strong UI, UX skills.
• Hustlers who can drive the project and can pitch their idea with passion looking to build a
fantastic team around their idea.
Teams at Startup Weekend are formed in such a way that they have a good mix of technology,
design and business. Why should you join Delhi Startup Weekend ?
• Build a strong network of young aspiring entrepreneurs, well established CEO’s of Delhi and
a network amazing angel investors.
• Think, conceive and deliver a product over a weekend. It’s just the energy in the Startup
Weekend environment that makes you superproductive. Make your dreams a reality.
• Get one-on-one time with the movers and shakers in your community. Local tech and
startup leaders participate in Startup Weekends as coaches and judges.
• Startup Weekend alumni span across several continents and scores of cities.
Whether entrepreneurs find companies, find a co-founder, meet someone new, or learn a skill far
outside their usual 9-to-5, everyone is guaranteed to leave the event better prepared to navigate the
chaotic but fun world of startups.
Current event is a general Startup Weekend Edition where participants are required to pitch their
raw idea which could be in any vertical/theme like Technology, Education, Health, Disability,
Environment, etc. and work on building a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) thus propelling them to
take their idea to the next stage.