Thanks to everyone who made this event a success! Here is a list of the winning teams and their prizes: […]
Ever wondered what it takes to be an entrepreneur?Do you have a brilliant idea and would like to develop a prototype, while getting it critically analysed by experienced mentors and judges? Are you one of those nerdy coders and designers who can give visionary ideas the required aesthetic appeal? Would you like to get involved in a 54 hour mission to build a start-up?
The Entrepreneurship Development Cell (eDC) of IIT Delhi brings forward Startup Weekend, a 54 hour frenzy of business model creation, coding, designing, and market validation. The weekends culminate with presentations in front of local entrepreneurial leaders with another opportunity for critical feedback.
Be prepared to drown yourself in the perfect aura of awesomeness and creativity. Meet the best minds of city working and create the next revolution. How does it work? We aim to bring together enthusiasts like you to share ideas, form teams, build products, and, most importantly, launch startups.
• Friday: Attendees pitch their ideas and inspire others to join their teams. Teams are therefore created to work on the best ideas.
• Saturday and Sunday: This is where you debate, build, pitch. And build some more. Teams will focus on building a prototype of their idea/product. During this period teams will also focus on customer development, validating their ideas, practicing LEAN Startup methodologies and building a minimum viable product.
• Sunday: In the evening teams demo their prototypes and receive valuable feedback from a panel of experts.
Who can Participate? Think of a typical Startup Weekend session as a hackathon with a strong emphasis on business and design. Your prior educational qualifications or stream doesn’t matter at all. We are only looking for a passion to innovate. Typical crowd of Startup Weekend consists of
• Hackers and Nerds who can code with speed and skill.
• Domain experts and Business guys who know the market need on the tips of their fingers.
• Designers with a strong aesthetics and strong UI, UX skills.
• Hustlers who can drive the project and can pitch their idea with passion looking to build a fantastic team around their idea.
Teams at Startup Weekend are formed in such a way that they have a good mix of technology, design and business. Why should you join Delhi Startup Weekend ?
• Build a strong network of young aspiring entrepreneurs, well established CEO’s of Delhi and
a network amazing angel investors.
• Think, conceive and deliver a product over a weekend. It’s just the energy in the Startup Weekend environment that makes you superproductive. Make your dreams a reality.
• Get one-on-one time with the movers and shakers in your community. Local tech and startup leaders participate in Startup Weekends as coaches and judges.
• Startup Weekend alumni span across several continents and scores of cities.
Whether entrepreneurs find companies, find a co-founder, meet someone new, or learn a skill far outside their usual 9-to-5, everyone is guaranteed to leave the event better prepared to navigate the chaotic but fun world of startups.
Current event is a general Startup Weekend Edition where participants are required to pitch their raw idea which could be in any vertical/theme like Technology, Education, Health, Disability, Environment, etc. and work on building a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) thus propelling them to take their idea to the next stage.
Come disrupt education in India by joining us at the first ever themed Startup Weekend in India. http://delhiedu.startupweekend.org
PITCHES PREVIEW FOR TONIGHT HELPIEZ: We are creating online platform to connect Volunteers to different welfare organizations or NGO’s for […]
“Use Me to Advertise You”. A socially impactful model which involves the use of ‘deadspace’ on dustbins in a region […]
A public grievance portal data analysis to provide segregated information and opportunities to entrepreneurs, government, local politicians, non-governmental organizations.
A service which helps avoid the queue for payment by substituting it with online remote transactions & replacing physical tokens […]
A smart engine for visual representation of scattered data to make better and informed decisions. The tool, both as a […]
A monitoring and reporting tool for grievance redressal catering to the general masses through an app based broadly on GIS […]
A website that acts as a platform to empower teachers so that they can teach reading. It trains them through […]
An app that on the basis of your pin code helps you search for the relevant government officials & their […]
Startup Weekend aims to channelize the lean nature of start-ups to the benefit of the masses by focussing its participants […]